Search This Blog

Thursday 26 May 2011

Detachment workbench

I have been on a business trip to France this week and have been able to bring a box of stuff to keep me occupied. Not much to be honest, just some Class 47's to fit DCC chips to, buffer beam details and masking in preparation for weathering.
A few problems cropped up with two of the models. The bogie frame detached from one and the screws securing the body to another rounded off and will need drilling out. This is the second time that this has happened with this type of model.
I also fitted buffer beam detail to my Hornby Class 31 to complete it except for an 8 pin decoder which I haven't got yet.


I am staying in a town called Morlaix in Britanny. It's an inland port with an amazing viaduct spanning the valley floor that the old town is situated in. There has been the odd TGV rumbling over the viaduct but like a lot of rural French towns the railway station is fairly sleepy. The pictures above were taken last autumn when I had a bit of spare time to visit the station and see what was about. It might not seem like much but this was a busy day in the station with a track machine and DMU parked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment