Search This Blog

Monday 16 May 2011

Bachmann BR MK1 Regional railways coach

I was going to use this coach (bought cheaply in a sale at Modelzone) as a donor for a conversion project for a bullion van kit until I re-discovered an old issue of Model Rail with a feature on tweaking RTR coaches; so I had a go.
Most of the techniques for this weathering project were the same as those used for my Class 107 featured elsewhere in this blog.
I discovered that the printed detail on Bachmann coaches really don't like being washed down with enamel thinners but I think I can get away with the damage caused by passing it off as typical fading and wear from a coach fast approaching the scrapyard! This coach however will be added to my fleet so I will have to find another suitable donor coach.



No comments:

Post a Comment