Search This Blog

Sunday 27 May 2012

My new spray booth

One of the AMRC members made his own spray booth from plywood and an ordinary household extractor fan. I used it earlier this year for a Club open day to practise and demonstrate some weathering techniques with my airbrush and I was really impressed with it. One of the other members is a bit of a wizz with building baseboards and such and offered to make me a spray booth. After some dimensions noted from the Chinese blueprint (Paul's spray booth), a week later and £30 exchanged I am the proud owner of a very spacious new spray booth.
I had to do a bit of tinkering with the power socket as the one that was fitted was none standard. I bought a power lead and suitable socket from Maplin's and installed it on a blanking plate to replace the three pin socket that was fitted. We had some leftover yellow paint that my three year old daughter used on her picnic table to paint the outside of the booth with, which I think looks rather cool. My daughter also fitted the rubber feet to the base of the case and on the fold down front panel. The inside is painted in satin white and the whole booth has been varnished to seal it.








The internal work area is really spacious and could easily accommodate a large diesel locomotive in O gauge or  a large 1/72 scale plastic aircraft kit (one of my other interests). The only thing needed now is a length of hose and filter for the extractor and somewhere to use it. Oh, and a large O gauge loco to try out the booth. Anybody got a Class 37/47/50/55 in O gauge they want weathered?

No comments:

Post a Comment