Search This Blog

Sunday 27 May 2012

Knockomie update

Progress on Knockomie has been ongoing though you wouldn't think it to look at the layout. Plywood sheet has been bought and cut for the back and front panels and needs to be fitted when I have settled on the landscape I want. I have also been busy on some of the scenic features before fitting to the layout. Platforms have been built from the Peco range with Scalescene's platform faces and topping used and I still have to build the curved section which could be tricky. After these have been done and fitted the dreaded ballasting has to be tackled. At least I only have six feet of track to do.
Also in progress is a modified Bachmann Scenecraft Market Hampton station building, a bus shed inspired by the one that used to be at Garve and a few other bits and pieces. Lots of scenery items have been acquired like trees, Woodland Scenics rock moulds and  Smooth-it road making kit.
All I need now is time.

Trial fitting the platforms for clearance before glueing in place. The backscene panel can be seen  on the right.





No comments:

Post a Comment